As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.OUR PEOPLE
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.Job Summary
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for managing the planning, logistics, supply of material and personnel required to meet the component deliveries that meet the Program schedule with Mission Success. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on new space technologies.
Required Skills And Experience
- Supports and leads efforts that include an injury-free environment through role modeling safe behavior, active involvement in safety activities and maintaining a clean and orderly work environment
- Providing direction and coaching to technicians and other production personnel in the assembly and manufacturing areas.
- Ensures team members receive the required training and prepares the daily work plans in support of overall program objectives.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Leads, provides guidance, and/or supports teams as needed to achieve team goals, daily responsibilities, and overall achievement of production goals
- Manages daily shift operations in their assigned area and a focus on continuous improvement
- Communicates and lead the application of facility policies and standards
- Provide leadership to troubleshoot operation issues
- Develops, maintains, and supports use of reliable methods for all processes and their improvements.
- Works closely with Supply Chain to ensure adequate, cost-efficient supplies are available when needed
- Maintain all integration tools, tooling, equipment, and consumables
- Plans, sets, and communicates build priorities to meet Production goals for on-time delivery, quality, and cost
- Is responsible for meeting cost targets established during Budgeting. Responsible also for reviewing and maintaining standard costs as a tool to control manufacturing variances to target
- Works closely with Engineering and Maintenance personnel to resolve yield, equipment, and other 'hot' issues, in addition to coordinating resources for major PM's and/or longer-term improvement projects/expansions
- Regularly Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Develop manufacturing documentation that ensures repeatability, reliability, quality, and conformance to design.
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Supports shifts and weekends work as needed
- Experience in implementation of LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, JIT procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Strong team player with proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads
- Result driven, demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Familiarity with automated test equipment and the Windows workstation environment.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Experience with MS Project is a plus
- Exceptional time management, organization, and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while producing quality work products
- Is innovative, enjoys problem solving and building teams
Education & Work Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Required experience closely related & discipline to space
Compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. ÂAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.