ispace Technologies U.S. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Propulsion Design Engineer to join its team.
We are small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Rapidly design, develop and test a highly reliable lander propulsion system
- Evaluate and develop propulsion architecture and requirements, ensuring manufacturability is a priority
- Drive component design and selection as well as system verification testing, troubleshooting and requirement(s) closure
- Establish fluid analysis processes, conducts performance tests on representative models or prototypes to ensure quality and performance standards are met
- Analyze for damage tolerance, durability, design allowables as well as leading subsystem structural modeling
- Collaborate with software, hardware, supply chain and integration teams
- Create and manage supplier statements of work
- Extreme ownership of hardware, responsible for driving from concept through successful integration and launch
- MS or PhD in mechanical or aerospace engineering or equivalent extended experience
- 5+ years of experience in spacecraft and/or launch vehicle propulsion systems
- Proven track record of leading design development from design through fabrication, testing and integration
- Knowledgeable about mechanical design, material selection, and fabrication processes for spaceflight hardware
- Experience with fluid dynamics and pressurized components (valves, regulators, tubes, pipes, etc.)
- Experience leading operation-critical mechanical design, including basic structures, fluids calculations, and design considerations
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to participate and take feedback from peer reviews
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or Perm Resident. Sponsorship for this role is not currently available.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass a pre-employment background check.
- Proficiency in Solidworks, Femap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Acumen with analysis tools for rocket propulsion or fluid-thermal applications
- Experience with developing, maintaining and improving welding processes
- Experience with complex spacecraft design and integration
- Previous work with design and handling of typical spacecraft propellants
- Design-for-manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable of space environmental tests such as shock, vibration, thermal, lifecycle testing
- Experience with common industry standards such as AIAA S-080, AIAA S-081, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5017 & SMC-S-016
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary based upon experience - $130k+
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available for employee-only level coverage)