EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Information Technology Buyer
Job Req ID: 16141
Closing Date: 27 October 2022
Establishment: ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
Directorate: Directorate of Internal Services
Publication: Internal & External
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 29 September 2022
Vacancy in the Directorate of Internal Services.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale.
ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands or ESRIN, Frascati, Italy.
If selected for this position, you will report to the Head of the Access Governance and IT Sourcing Section and will be responsible for developing the sourcing strategy and savings plans for hardware and software products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- in coordination with the Procurement Department, ensuring that the purchasing of hardware items and software licenses is carried out efficiently and on schedule;
- facilitating the proactive identification and prioritisation of cost-saving initiatives by working with ESA-wide stakeholders to understand specific departmental business needs, assisting in supplier identification and selection, negotiating contract pricing and managing supplier relationships;
- analysing data from suppliers and internal sources in order to develop, implement and monitor current and future sourcing strategies and savings opportunities;
- managing the software license portfolio, checking the actual usage of licensed software, preventing the accumulation of shelfware and planning the renewal or cancellation of software licenses when their due dates are reached;
- keeping abreast of IT market trends, with particular reference to new IT standards;
- establishing framework agreements with major IT hardware and software vendors.
Knowledge of the IT hardware and software market leaders and their most common products and solutions
Management of suppliers (both vendors and resellers)
Service portfolio management
A master’s degree in computer science, networks, electronics, or business and administration is required.
A minimum of five years’ in-depth experience in IT purchasing and/or software license management is required. Solid, documented experience in the preparation, negotiation and implementation of commercial agreements is also mandatory.
Excellent negotiating skills, supported by effective communication and reporting skills, are essential. A sound knowledge of ESA’s procurement process and rules would be an asset.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework
For further information please visit: Professionals
, What we offer
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention, the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States*. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented or balanced Member States*. (https://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment conducted by an external background screening service.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.
- Member States, Associate Members or Cooperating States.