About Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action-oriented.While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About The Role
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for providing assistance to the accounting team in relation to quality and timely completion of financial accounting, statutory reporting and taxation deliverables for Rocket Lab, whilst continuously work on process improvements. This role requires interactions with a number of internal stakeholders.Essential Skills
- Accounting or business qualification at a diploma level, working towards a professional accounting qualification
- Experience in month-end close in a medium to large organization
- Good systems knowledge and experience in large accounting systems
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Intermediate Excel skills
Rocket Lab employee benefits:
- Bachelor degree in accounting
- Experience in a multinational environment
- Practical experience in a Tier 1 ERP system
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
- An employee stock purchase program
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.