We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will lead improvements to our schedule management operating system. We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytics skills who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will develop business management processes/rhythms and dashboards/reports to improve NG schedule performance.
Partnering with all levels of Program Management and Engineering Leadership, this position will be integral in establishing reporting data and metrics that drive action for improved program performance. We are looking for an individual who goes beyond just reporting the data but who translates the data into actionable information to drives improved program performance. We are looking for creativity, innovation, and an understanding of schedule management best practices.
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Collaborate across program management office (PMO) and internal program managers to define, implement, and maintain key program metrics/dashboards related to schedule management
- Develop content for senior executive reviews including weekly business reviews (WBRs), monthly business reviews (MBRs), and program management reviews (PMRs)
- Partner with Program Planning and Controls team to improve schedule execution monitoring and performance
- Work with engineering, production, test, and supply chain organizations to understand and mitigate schedule risks
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, engineering, project management or other highly analytical field
- 10+ years of program planning and program finance/business analytics experience for government or EVMS-required programs (customer contracts or internally funded)
- Proficiency with resource-loaded schedules using Primavera (P6) or similar platforms
- Experience with critical path scheduling, IMP/IMS, schedule risk management
- Highly organized leader with excellent technical written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated track record of resourcefulness, strong business acumen, and bias for action from previous assignments.
- Proven track record of success in a matrix-aligned organization including ability to deliver results through others as an individual contributor.
- Strong experience architecting business analytics dashboards and knowledge of data structures/analysis
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic work environment and ability to travel in support of the program, customer, and supplier activities.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree in business/operations or business analytics
- (PMP) certification and Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
- B.S or M.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or systems engineering and experience with launch vehicle development, production, and operations.
- Strong business management acumen and experience managing large, geographically dispersed programs with large subcontractors
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays