Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
Jumilla, Spain. Willingness to travel/relocate.Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We're innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time - even when it's cloudy or dark - providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.About the role?
To continue to build and consolidate our composite structures production capabilities, ICEYE is looking for a Composites Production Lead
to join our global team. Reporting to the Director of Spacecraft Engineering - Mechanical Domain, you will be responsible for managing and growing a dedicated team of technicians at our facility in ICEYE Spain to deliver satellite primary structures and other composite products. As part of this, you will have a strong focus on quality and a keen eye for detail.Responsibilities
- Drive and be accountable for delivering production orders for satellite and other product structural hardware
- Develop and propose new quality processes, and improvements to existing processes
- Empower team members and guide their personal and professional development
- Align with the Satellite Configuration Management team production order expectations
- Collaborate with engineers to discuss materials improvements and design impact on manufactured parts
- Coordinate all supply considerations in collaboration with the Supply Chain team
Nice to Have
- At least 5 years of experience producing carbon fiber and honeycomb products
- At least 3 years of production line management experience
- Excellent people skills - at least 2 years of people management experience
- Operational Excellence, Lean six sigma Green Belt or Black Belt experience is desired
- Experience in working in accordance with Quality management systems e.g. ISO 9001
- Open to creative solutions to meet business needs - "think outside the box"
- Experience with manufacturing quality: tolerance control, dimension control, NDT, etc
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of local Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations
- Certified technical qualification(s) in a relevant area (machining, CNC operation, or another area of materials manufacturing)
- Experience using Jira projects
What we offer
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- Competitive Salary
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Sam Longley, Talent Acquisition Partner
Privacy Notice to Job ApplicantPlease note that in accordance with ICEYE's policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.