One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.Job Responsibilities
Our team is responsible for ensuring Viasat’s next-generation Satellite meets all modern cybersecurity standards. We serve as a design resource, a test resource, and a risk management resource to all of the software teams which make up Viasat’s Space & Commercial Networks division.
In this role you will help design and build secure commercial systems, applications and products as well as maintain and improve their security posture. You’ll work with IT Security and many other security-focused resources across the organization. Our day-to-day work spans from researching new crypto algorithms (“post quantum algorithms”) to software implementation of today’s security modules, test and validation, and automation of secret rotation and expire.
You'll be exposed to meaningful, high-visibility, business-impacting projects and will gain exposure to all facets of information security via interactions with various security teams. You'll also have the ability to make security design decisions to help accomplish project goals. Additionally, you will gain exposure to leading-edge security and application technologies. See below to learn more about the tools which will make you successful in this role and on our team.Requirements
- 3+ years of professional security engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment
- Ability to assess risk and balance project requirements against necessary security controls
- Some experience with security architecture and frameworks
- Experience with software development or test automation skills to build security tools and automation platforms
- US Citizenship required
- Public cloud security experience including Amazon, GCP and/or Azure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Compliance experience, such as PCI, ISO, SOX, MPA, or NIST
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, SANS, or related security certification
- Professional experience conducting threat modeling assessments and risk assessments
- Past experience with web application and API development
- Solid understanding of PKI core concepts and technologies
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts applied to a security environment
- Demonstrated ability and interest to learn new technologies
- Ability to obtain a US Secret and above clearance
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!