- This position is a 2 year contract**
- Please note that his position works on a hybrid work schedule, and is in the office 3x a week**
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Contract Mechanical Enginee
r on our Robotics and Space Operation team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As a Mechanical Engineer You Will
- Mechanism design and analysis activities, including tolerance analysis, component selection and performance analysis
- Manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies and components – including design of GSE
- Identifies risks, proposes solutions and develops mitigation strategies.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and test
- Liaises with customer to resolve issues and discuss new business.
- Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field and 6+ years of post-graduate experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Familiarity with NX CAD & CAE tools
- Experience with customer interactions for presentations, technical discussions or training.
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Ability of working under tight schedule and pressure
- Understanding spacecraft requirement is an asset
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.