GHGSat offers greenhouse gas detection, measurement, and monitoring services to industrial and government customers around the world. We use our own satellites and aircraft sensors, combined with third-party data, to help industrial emitters better understand, control, and reduce their emissions.
GHGSat’s capability is unique: we provide high-resolution, local measurements of atmospheric methane and carbon dioxide concentration from space. This further enables to detect greenhouse gas emitters and to visualize and quantify their emissions.
GHGSat is looking for an innovative and experienced Software Architect. As part of a cross-functional team deployed around the Agile Scrum framework, you will be supporting the full software platform development, from conception to deployment. Overall, you have an excellent knowledge of web technologies, security standards, a strong motivation in tackling the important environmental issues that our planet faces today.
- Work as the technical subject matter expert in partnership with our product owners and digital infrastructure lead to define the technical design for our data driven products and applications.
- Provide architectural leadership to the project development
- Work with our product owners to develop business requirements into architecture
- Define solution level architecture for project teams including guidance on development tools, data processing, operations, and security.
- Develop architectures for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Cloud, database technologies and data warehousing.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available and maintainable.
- Enforce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long term direction
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space. Conduct proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in relevant roles
- Experience designing and implementing services in the Cloud (AWS)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with databases, large datasets and ETL systems (PostgreSQL)
- Test-Driven Development mindset involving CI, CD, documentation, iterative deliveries
- Experience with software development tools (Gitlab, Git)
- Agile supporter able to encourage a team towards autonomy
- Able to obtain Canadian government security clearance
- Experience with GIS formats (PostGIS, ArcGIS, GeoTIFF) [EV1]
- Experience with Django web framework
- Entrepreneurial energy and determination
- Interest in remote sensing systems, space or photography
GHGSat offers a creative and highly-motivating work environment. We offer competitive salaries, health and social benefits including flex-time and continuing development. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. GHGSat is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.