Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As Program Manager at Intelsat, you will be responsible for the full program lifecycle of major technology Aerospace programs from initial inception through rollout and launch. The Program Manager will not only manage the program life cycle but also become an technical expert at the systems level within Intelsat; gain exposure to various levels of the company while partnering with internal organizations to bring Intelsat’s technology roadmap to market
Are you up to the challenge?
- Lead cross functional teams of highly skilled professionals to design, develop and deploy next generation IFE/ IFC products to the Commercial Aviation market.
- Host planning and update sessions with all levels of the organization from the working team to senior leadership.
- Plan and execute technical change within a dynamic, cutting edge technology company.
- Manage overall program plan - ensuring tracking to strategic deliverables.
- Supporting relationship with engineering teams, their vendors, OEM partners, product team, internal Airline representatives, finance, legal, supply chain and operations to manage interdependencies
- Frame issues, leverage strategic priorities and drive project team towards the best path forward.
- Hold regular cross-functional program review meetings to review and update projects logistics, schedule, and objectives. Assure early problem identification and implementation of corrective action.
- Participate in negotiation of vendor contracts/changes, statements of work, request for proposals and proposal evaluation.
- Interpret, translate, and flow down program requirements into the Program Plan. Identify & manage risk and opportunities to meet program objectives. Monitor compliance with program master plans and schedules, including milestones and performance.
- Ensure all program plans are up-to-date and complete with respect to schedule, cost estimations, and status;
- Lead negotiations with program core team and stakeholders on significant future improvements or changes., research lessons-learned, and best practices;
- Review program proposals and plans to determine technical practicality, funding limitation, business implications, procedures for accomplishing programs, resources requirements and technical coordination meeting, providing technical input as required.
- Provide timely reports to ensure an understanding of the program performance. Prepare interim and completion program reports.
- Take a proactive stance by developing contingency plans for potential risks
- Ensure pertinent written records are maintained that document all agreements for the programs.
- Execute program management in compliance with AS9100 and other aviation-specific standards
You should definitely have:
- The desire to learn new technology and industry segments.
- The ability to build relationships.
- A willingness to take ownership of a situation and lead technical discussions with cross disciplinary teams with multiple priorities.
- Hard organizational skills and willingness to follow a defined process, with an understanding that the process is the beginning of managing a program and not the goal of the program.
- Program management experience.
It would be nice if you had:
- Aviation industry experience.
- Telecom industry experience.
- Satcom industry experience.
- Hardware development experience.
- Software development experience.
- Experience operating in a regulatory environment.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, we apply our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.