What You Bring
- Accountable for the integrated development of Engineering products related to Vehicle Operations focused on efficiently executed ground and flight maintenance operations.
- Supports the Vehicle Operations Project Manager in identifying the reliability, maintainability, technical publications, flight and ground maintenance scope necessary to meet program requirements.
- Leads cross-functional engineering teams to complete projects within the program, and coordinates with other stakeholders in the Program Team.
- Supports development of Engineering plans to meet program requirements, to include the reliability program, maintenance planning documents, AMMs, ground service equipment/tooling, mockup, payloads and sparing strategy.
- Supports the program team by identifying risks and development of risk mitigation plans that meet the program objectives.
- Supports the development and validation of the vehicle/product technical requirements in support of overall program requirements.
- Validates schedule and staffing estimates for the Engineering activities.
- Supports the project manager by assigning and prioritizing responsibilities for engineering tasks for their project as required.
- Cooperate and communicate status effectively with the Program Team and leadership to provide assistance and technical support.
- Perform high level quality control of the work (technical adequacy, plans, personnel's performance) and report regularly on engineering project status to program and engineering leadership. Initiate corrective actions for poor quality engineering results.
- Other duties as required in support of Engineering and Program Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years professional experience in a related technical role
- Experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and empower a team of subject matter experts in varying technical disciplines.
- Understanding of aircraft design and engineering processes, including Model Based Definition, Product Lifecycle Management, Configuration Management, Configuration Control, ERP and MRP systems.
- Experience with the design or operational support of flight vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards such as CFR 14, Part 400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA
- Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Execute strategic goals and objectives in support of the overall company goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE) recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space it is clear that there is much more that unites than divides us.“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as newly hired employees. As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19virus, (“fully vaccinated” means at least two week have expired since receiving the vaccination’s last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) or have a valid religious or medical exemption. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met be your date of hire. Virgin Galactic complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.