EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Director of NPSRT & Process Management. This person will manage the New Product and Services Readiness Test (NPSRT) team consisting of 8 individuals who test new products & services in the customer environment prior to launch. In addition, they will play a consulting/oversight role of the backend processes which support our customers and business objectives. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.NPSRT Team Management Responsibilities
Process Management Responsibilities
- Coordinating with Consumer and Enterprise Launch Management to support their launch priorities, to understand the scope of new launches, and to agree on expected deliverable dates from NPSRT
- Arranging and ensuring team education/training is provided on specific aspects of the business and the systems impacted by new launch initiatives
- Reviewing NPSRT test plans for invalid /missing test cases and identifying potential gap areas to be verified
- Reviewing completed test reports to ensure the quality of the test results, bearing in mind the timeframe available to the team and the deadline for completion imposed by Launch Management
- Participating in development of requirements for new systems, features and products for Consumer, Enterprise, and International businesses, as needed
- Establishing NPSRT team goals and reporting to Management on weekly/monthly progress
- Assigning work to team members based on skill levels, abilities, growth opportunities, and existing workload
- Auditing the work completed by the team to ensure assignments are completed successfully
- Ensuring that the team has the equipment, training, and knowledge to complete assignments
- Identifying process improvement opportunities for the team
- Completing performance evaluations on the company HR cycle
- Play an active role in the development of business system requirements, in particular requirements for new Consumer product ordering and product replacement on various systems (CSR, customers from CMC website, customers on Mobile App, etc.), so that the products can be shipped and self-installed, as needed.
- Establish audit processes to monitor successful end to end processing of new business systems so that failures are identified daily for investigation. Some common processes include:
- That all outbound products ordered for HughesNet consumers (i.e.: AWR IDU/ATA, Lease Return Kits, ATA/Wifi Booster upgrade orders, etc.) are shipped out on a timely basis
- That all consumer AWR IDUs shipped out each day are swap enabled in NMS for customer self-install
- Identification of changes for reporting to Finance and other end-users to ensure that new products are included in existing RMA reports
- Oversee end to end User Acceptance Testing and qualification of all new RMA features (i.e.: migration of all Consumer RMA handling from Peoplesoft to Salesforce, process improvements to the Consumer lease return customer experience, WL3000 RMA support, etc.)
- Requires attention to detail of the testbed capabilities, and cross functional coordination with Service Delivery System teams and the SAP team to simulate inputs and outputs to confirm end to end processes
- Also requires updates to existing audit processes as needed, and introduction of new processes when necessary
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- 15+ or more years of industry experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in managing a team
- Skilled in Program/Project management techniques
- Experience with and knowledge of SAP and CRM
- Experience in satellite technology, and/or HughesNet systems and services
- Experienced in Industry Best Practices for process improvement
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.