- This position is a 2 year contract**
- Please note that his position works on a hybrid work schedule, and is in the office 3x a week**
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Mechanical Designer on our Robotics and Space Operation team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success. Mission success starts in the design office with the preparation of a drawing package which must accurately describe the customer end item
As a Senior Mechanical Designer you will:
- Mechanism design, detail part design, tolerance analysis, electrical cable assembly design and component selection.
- Perform the checking function on mechanical piece parts, mechanical assemblies and electrical assemblies.
- Interested candidates should have at least 8 years of checking drawings on a full-time or part-time basis.
- A Post secondary diploma or degree from a university or polytechnic is preferred
- Familiarity with materials and processes used in spacecraft design as well as terrestrial applications in the nuclear and medical design fields
- Exceptional CAD skills in NX, ACAD and Solidworks drawing software packages.
- Knowledge and application of GD&T to working drawings to meet ANSI standards as well as program requirements
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and limitations
- Experience in dealing with program or project groups for technical discussions.
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.