We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As a Product Operations manager
, you will be a key player to develop and deliver product data insights that connect development of software with business outcomes, as well as, set up light-weight processes that enable shortening feedback loops, faster value delivery to our customers and knowledge sharing within our organization.
You Will Assume Full Ownership Of
- Product Data - collection, organization, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative product data of our homegrown software solutions, providing product organization with valuable and actionable insights. This includes but is not limited to customer feedback data, product usage data, CSAT/NPS surveys, support tickets.
- Systems - administration and management of the product tech stack such as Product Management knowledge base, Customer Feedback project, product road-mapping infrastructure, product telemetry analytics systems and other tools.
- Processes - development, documentation, maintenance and governance of processes and procedures powering the operating rhythm of product teams, including but not limited to implementing Dual Track Agile, Customer Advisory Boards, effective interfaces among Product teams (Product Management, Software Engineering, UX Design), internal teams outside of the Product organization (e.g. Platform Engineering, Data Science, Business Partners) as well as customers and external partners.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single desired qualification. At Blue Origin, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Set up and own an effective and efficient operating rhythm across all Product teams through the effective systems and processes. Dual track agile previous experience is a strong plus.
- Manage all product operations including driving consistent roadmap creation and operationalization, and inter-departmental processes as mentioned above.
- Support the Product leadership team in shaping and driving the people agenda and leading team health initiatives.
- Create and implement systems and process for scalable and effective collection and analysis of product-related metrics data.
- Drive Operational Excellence process and make sure key metrics and trend reports are available to our Product and Engineering teams.
- Create process that will enable cross-functional teams to effectively implement feature adoption metrics.
- Gather key insights and feedback for the Product team to influence the roadmap/prioritization of potential product changes.
- Aggregate and analyze issues using internal tools, customer surveys, and queries of all available data sources to gather user insights.
- Work with Product, Business Engagement, UX and Engineering teams to influence and shape the product strategy and roadmap, drive change for key issues, and prioritize product change requests based on issue volume, members impacted and other relevant metrics.
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to ensure operational team processes are factored into new product development plans and designs, and to integrate solutions to identify user experience issues in upcoming versions.
- BA/BS Degree required
- 4+ years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Program Management, Product Management, Project Management, Product Marketing, UX Research or Operations
- Management experience with prior experience growing and developing team members
- Experience with Jira, Tableau and SQL
- Experience in gathering business insights and identifying trends from data
- Experience driving process changes across the organization
- Experience with cross functional collaboration and negotiation
- Hands-on experience and passion for software development
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing Product operations teams
- Experience and/or strong knowledge of dual track agile.
- Experience in hiring, managing and/or mentoring ops teams
- Strategic mindset and superior analytical/problem-solving skills
- Product management experience
- Excellent execution and operational skills
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Estimated salary wage (Colorado only): $126K - $210K
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays