For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
As a member of the Engineering team you will work on our programs such as CHORUS Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Satellite, Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC), Square Kilometer Array (SKA) radio telescope, Aeronautical Navigation products, and Marine Insights products. You will work as part of a technical team to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities and deliver solutions to our customers.
As part of your growth and development we will work with you to establish your development actions alongside regular progress reviews. You are likely to move through various projects to gain the experience and knowledge to progress your career with us.
We’re on the hunt for a Systems Engineering Co-op
in our Geointelligence Engineering Team at our Richmond
office. This is a 12 month
term starting in January 2023
Overall the successful candidate would be treated similar to a new graduate joining our company, where tasks will be assigned relative to the level of schooling and experience achieved to date.
- Analyze and solve complex problems in the fields of electro-optical/infrared and spectral imaging, and space domain awareness
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and maturation of sensing, data, and algorithm-based solutions
- Design and perform experiments and simulations to assess performance of early applications and proof of concepts, including software simulations or sensor hardware characterization
- Collaborate closely with others performing technology development to build solutions and share understanding and insights
- Contribute in system demonstrations and technical documentation for customers and internal stakeholders
- have familiarity with the following software tools:
- Matlab or similar analysis tools;
- Experience with Python, Java, Go, or a similar current programming language
- MS Excel, for the purposes of engineering analyses
- MS Office
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be a self-starter with the ability to perform in a dynamic working environment
- possess excellent problem solving skills
- have a team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
While not mandatory, candidates will benefit from any of the following:
- Experience in hyperspectral or multispectral sensors and/or imaging spectroscopy techniques; including spectral characterization, unmixing, or physical parameter prediction
- Familiarity with spectroscopic analysis of materials in the Visible, Near Infrared, Short-Wave Infrared, Thermal Infrared, or Far Infrared
- Understanding of imaging sensors and imaging systems
- data analysis experience, analyzing data patterns and relationships
- prior image processing / computer vision experience
- Familiarity with machine learning / deep learning
Interested candidates should be working towards a Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other relevant discipline with three (3) years of undergraduate studies completed.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status
level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.