The Role: GNC Engineer
In this position, you will play a key role in the advanced vehicle design group at Venus Aerospace. Your skillset will be relied upon during all phases of the design cycle, from helping us understand the performance requirements (aero and propulsion) to help clarify the vehicle design space to generating optimize trajectories as the vehicle design tightens. This role is focused heavily on mission and trajectory analysis, with an opportunity to grow in Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) system development.
- Assist in the definition of mission and trajectory requirements, ensuring traceability to higher level system requirements
- Utilize 3DOF/6DOF trajectory simulation tools to perform trade studies, identifying the design solution space that meets program requirements as well as sensitivity analysis
- Develop optimized trajectories for a given vehicle configuration that meet mission and trajectory requirements
- Utilize trajectory data to support development of GNC system requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience in developing scripts (python, Unix, or equivalent) to automate tasks, such as design sweep runs
- Experience (professional or coursework) utilizing trajectory simulation models for conceptual design trade studies
- Professional experience using one or more trajectory simulation/optimization softwares (e.g., OTIS, POST2, Quickshot)
- 3+ years of experience in a Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) role
- 2+ years of experience in computer programming using C, C++, C#, or equivalent
Benefits of working with Venus:
- Being on ground floor with a start-up company
- The excitement of being involved in a hypersonic spaceplane
- Home for Dinner
- 9/80 flexible schedule
- 401(k), medical, dental and vision benefits
- Development and learning opportunities
About Venus Aerospace
By enabling one hour global travel, Venus Aerospace is transforming the world and our access to it. We’re building a zero-carbon emission spaceplane that will enable one-hour global travel. We are a diverse, veteran team with extreme experience in successful new space, commercial, R&D, and government/military programs.
We are looking for incredible, motivated, enthusiastic people that want to build a world-changing culture and organization. You will be helping Venus grow and develop, so flexibility and a sense of adventure is quintessential. We are looking for all-around AWESOME people to help us grow.
We’ve done the professional grind, and we’ve got a better approach. We take “Home for Dinner” seriously – we want you to work for us and be “home for dinner”. Family is important and we don’t want you to miss out on what matters most. If that appeals to you, we’d love to connect!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. You can learn more about ITAR here .
Venus Aerospace Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Venus Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.