Iridium is an award-winning and innovative satellite communications company with bragging rights to the only network that offers voice and data connectivity anywhere in the world. For over 20 years, Iridium’s unique network and services have supported critical communications needs for individuals, businesses, and the evolving Internet of Things.
At Iridium, we understand the importance of staying connected and the limitations of traditional communications networks. People across the globe, including first responders, humanitarians, global militaries, scientific researchers, and lone workers, as well as ships, aircraft and remote operations all rely on Iridium to stay connected. We take our responsibility for providing these essential communications very seriously and pride ourselves on offering a reliable lifeline when needed. Likewise, Iridium is committed to providing an exciting and innovative workplace, where employees are challenged to think outside the box and collaborate on new, bold ideas and solutions. Our talented teams are passionate about their work and the impact our company makes around the world. Iridium fosters an empowering and inclusive culture that allows employees to genuinely be their best selves. We are looking for others who want to join this truly unique company that celebrates our employees and provides the opportunity to truly make a difference in the world.
The Iridium Internship Program is an opportunity for students to be a part of the Iridium teams shaping the future of satellite communications. As an Intern, you’ll begin making an impact on real projects from day one! Come prepared to grow, develop, and learn alongside a team and the leaders of our company. The Iridium Internship program is a 12-week program that runs from May 22, 2023 to August 11, 2023. During the program, interns will have the opportunity to provide valuable support to an Iridium department on a project or important work assignment. Interns will also be provided an opportunity to engage with senior leadership and fellow interns via regular engagement activities. Interns will participate in an end of internship presentation, where we ask them to reflect on their summer internships and present a summary of what they have learned and accomplished.
What We’re Looking For
Iridium is seeking a bright Sales Operations Intern to learn the mechanics and implementation of business policies, pricing, and operations and how those activities translate into revenue/profits for the organization. As a member of the team, you will use customers' perspectives to improve existing documents for customer consumption and acceleration of our customers' sales efforts. Additional duties will also include updating internal sales tools and training documentation based on direction from other members of the sales operations team.
What You’ll Do
- Review of internal and external sales requests which include
- New partner inquiries
- Sales lead opportunities
- Existing partner questions
- Questions from the channel team.
- Enter new partner information and partner changes into Iridium systems under supervision from existing sales support team members.
- Support channel managers by providing existing documentation for features, specifications, promotional materials and pricing of Iridium products and .
- Brainstorm and support the implementation of creative solutions to increase reporting capabilities processing of sales support activities and contribution that those activities have toward the success of specific lines of business.
Skills You’ll Obtain
- Real-world experience in chosen field of interest and related topics through multiple hands-on projects
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Working in and contributing to a team environment
- Organization and time management
- Understanding of business tools, operations, and sales process
- Development of relationships across business groups
- Familiarity with Iridium partner ecosystem and key drivers of business/financial success
- Application of existing tools from undergraduate study to address/solve existing business problems at Iridium
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Business acumen
- Quantitative analysis
- Excel and development of numerical models
- Effective business writing
- Ability to effectively support internal and external stakeholders via email and conference calls
- Knowledge and working experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to self-manage in a fast-paced evolving environment
Things You Must Bring to the Table
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled in a bachelors or graduate degree program at an accredited academic institution.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be eligible to work in person
Iridium requires all employees/new hires, including Interns, to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Iridium is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.