About the Role:
Planet is looking for a strategic product marketer to help grow the market for Planet’s data and platform, and enable business expansion by operationalizing go-to-market strategies across industries and countries. You will be part of the marketing team, sitting within the dynamic Product & Solutions Marketing group.
This product marketer will be embedded in broad cross-functional, go-to-market initiatives that ultimately drive revenue for Planet’s high-resolution data products, including those forthcoming from Pelican, our next-generation satellite constellation. Responsibilities include engaging with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders, leading product launch activities, building messaging and positioning, and synthesizing market trends and new use cases that Planet products can address.
You will work closely with the Product organization in defining customer & partner challenges and providing input to the roadmap for new features that address critical unmet needs. You will work closely with the Commercial organization to ensure “field readiness,” determine effective engagement strategies and arming them with the right messaging, content, and competitive insights.
To be successful in this role, you will bring a clear perspective on how to bring new geospatial data-as-a-service (DaaS) and enterprise software products to an evolving market, with a detailed understanding of how to develop buyer and user personas and the stages of their buying journey. An attention to detail and an eye for high quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to articulate our products’ differentiated value in ways that resonate with our audiences in different industries. This role is expected to routinely present at external conferences, events, and webinars, and should be adept at public speaking and evangelizing Planet’s mission and products.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Deeply understand the geospatial data and analytics market, where Planet fits; identify opportunities for market expansion and assess gaps.
- Support Planet’s go-to-market initiatives (product launches, solution development, partnerships) and drive execution of deliverables across sales, product, marketing, legal, and operations teams.
- Lead customer betas and feedback workshops to gather market insights.
- Build out and maintain buyer and user personas and develop product value propositions that differentiate Planet offerings in the market.
- Work with Solutions Marketing to identify and assess which partners can complement existing offerings & develop joint marketing plans.
- Collaborate with the product team to produce and update a portfolio of marketing and sales enablement tools (presentations, data sheets, use cases, demos, battlecards).
- Collaborate with technical teams to create interactive demos and narratives that showcase product value to be used for trade shows, industry events, and sales outreach
- Support marketing campaigns with messaging and content that drive sales pipeline.
- Partner closely with other parts of the marketing organization on global and regional programs, including demand generation, digital marketing, field marketing, creative, and communications.
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of product marketing experience
- Proven track record positioning products and marketing B2B/enterprise products
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills (to both internal and external audiences)
- Creative and analytical thinking skills
- Experience partnering with product, sales, and executive stakeholders and communicating across leadership
- Be an organized, self-starter with ability to collaborate across departments
- Experience working with an international sales teams is an advantage
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship