Be more than just an employee number! Join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically designing, building, launching, and operating state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems Inc., a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a GNC (Guidance Navigation & Controls) Engineer
in our headquarters in Irvine, CA. As a GNC Engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nano-satellite vehicle solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for a wide range of analysis, software, hardware, test, integration, and documentation in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, analysis, implementation, and testing of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) algorithms for spacecraft
- Develop and maintain high-fidelity 6-DOF simulations with Matlab/Simulink
- Vehicle control system architecture sizing and definition
- Software in the loop and hardware in the loop testing
- Development concept of operations and participation in mission simulations and mission operations
- Other duties as assigned
- M.S, B.S. in engineering field with concentration in dynamics and control.
- Demonstrated GNC and software development using Matlab and Simulink
- Strong fundamental understanding of orbital dynamics and classical mechanics
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without supervision
- Passion for the NewSpace industry
- Ph.D. in dynamics and controls is highly desired.
- Experience with design of spacecraft rendezvous and proximity operations, fault detection/isolation/recovery, flexible body control, Kalman Filtering, MEMS and GPS sensors
- Hands on experience with small satellites, robotic systems, or similar
- C++ and Python
- Employee Equity Incentive Program
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Match
- Unlimited PTO
ABOUT TERRAN ORBITAL:
Terran Orbital is a leading manufacturer of satellites primarily serving the United States and Allied aerospace and defense industries. Terran Orbital provides end-to-end satellite solutions by combining satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. Learn more at www.terranorbital.com.
To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In addition, please note that this position may also require the possession of an existing United States National Security clearance or eligibility for such a clearance.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job classification. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This job description does not alter the “At-Will” nature of the position. Employment with the Company will remain “at-will” unless otherwise stated in a written agreement signed by the President of the Company. This means that either the Company or the employee can terminate the employment at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.