As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.OUR PEOPLE
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.Job Summary
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to support application development for Momentus' products. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on complex embedded systems that will fly in space.
Required Skills And Experience
- Develop embedded software drivers for sensors, actuators, and other electronics components
- Develop embedded software applications supporting propulsion, payload management, communication, and other sub-systems
- Assist hardware engineers in component selection and defining system architecture
- Execute regression testing, HITL testing, and continuous integration functions for the systems you are supporting
- Support anomaly replication and resolution activities for embedded systems
- Experience working on aerospace or automotive
- Fluent in C/C++ for microcontrollers
- Familiar with ARM Cortex architecture microprocessors
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Familiar with Linux operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Familiar with microcontroller peripherals such as ADCs, timers, memory interfaces, etc.
- Familiar with high-speed digital interface including SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, and USB
- Familiar with best-practices for mission-critical embedded software such as static memory allocation; timing analysis; fault detection, isolation, and recover; etc.
Education & Work Experience:
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or similar technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. ÂMomentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.