Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high-speed research and development. The goal of Stratolaunch is to use the air-launch platform for enabling technologies that may not otherwise exist. Stratolaunch has the potential for creating technology development opportunities for commercial, philanthropic, and governmental organizations to collect rich and actionable data and drive advancements in science, research, and technology.
To achieve these efforts, Stratolaunch needs a Staff Avionics Engineer to design, integrate, test, and maintain electrical and avionics systems for prototype high-speed aircraft. The avionics system is critical to mission success and interfaces with every subsystem, therefore this position will include collaborating with other system owners to understand requirements and engineer solutions. You must be comfortable with component/system development, system analysis, design for manufacturing, hardware integration, and system-level testing. This position will include evaluation of a broad range of technical data. Candidates must have an aerospace development background and relevant experience in aerospace systems integration.
- Architect, design, analyze, integrate, and test avionics and electrical systems
- Maintain configuration control over major avionics system elements including wiring diagrams, 3D CAD, work orders, etc.
- Coordinate with other subsystem leads to develop requirements, test plans, and procedures
- Coordinate with engineers across a broad spectrum of disciplines to understand requirements and engineer technical solutions
- Perform analysis to gauge system design adequacy and performance to meet program requirements
- Coordinate with external customers to support range integration, launch license applications, safety documentation and analyses, and payload integration
- Create presentations and support design reviews throughout vehicle development
- Support ground and/or flight test, as required
- Evaluate risks and risk mitigation plans to determine if the risks and mitigations are appropriate
- Regular and comprehensive communication to the Avionics Lead on a weekly and monthly basis
- Contribute to the integration of complex aerospace systems
- Travel, as needed, to support the department and customer meetings
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more of these disciplines: electrical engineering, avionics, electronics, software development, circuit design experience
- Experience in C/C++, Python, XML
- Experience with UDP/TCP and PCM
- Experience with data acquisition systems and instrumentation
- Experience creating wiring diagrams and writing shop definition
- Experience with system analysis, such as telemetry bandwidth and/or telemetry link margin
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work on their own initiative and prioritize tasking to fit within the business goals
- Complex aerospace system development
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited institution and 10-plus years of engineering experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Engineering