Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
To achieve these efforts, Stratolaunch requires a Manufacturing Engineer II
to create and maintain shop definition including drawings, wiring diagrams, and work instructions. You must be comfortable as a liaison to the shop to install and modify existing aircraft subsystems. Additionally, you may contribute to environmental component and/or vehicle-level subsystems testing. This position will include evaluation of a broad range of technical data. Candidates must have an aerospace development background and relevant experience in aerospace systems integration.
- Create drawings, wiring diagrams, and work instructions to install or modify electrical and/or avionics subsystems
- Create 3D CAD models and drawings of avionics hardware
- Create environmental test plans, procedures, and reports
- Supervise and oversee environmental tests, both onsite and offsite
- Support the shop by acting as the engineering liaison to troubleshoot documentation issues and provide real-time support on the shop floor
- Troubleshoot electrical and avionics ground test issues
- Regular and comprehensive communication to your lead
- Contribute to the integration of complex aerospace systems
- Travel, as needed, to support the department
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Knowledge of, and experience with, one or more of these disciplines: wiring diagram creation, 3D CAD modeling, creating shop definition and drawings, environmental component testing
- Experience with the creation of shop work instructions, including wiring diagrams and drawings
- Direct hands-on experience with aircraft electrical system installation and best practices, including shop liaison experience
- Troubleshooting of electrical issues at the component and system level
- Lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, multimeters, AC/DC power supplies, signal generators
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Facilitation skills and ability to communicate technical challenges and guidance to varied audiences to gain support or resolve concerns
- Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritize tasking to fit within the business goals
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited institution and 5-plus years of engineering experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- This position is located in Mojave, CA
Benefits and our location:
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave up to 16 weeks
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Engineering