Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high-speed research and development. The goal of Stratolaunch is to use the air-launch platform for enabling technologies that may not otherwise exist. Stratolaunch has the potential for creating technology development opportunities for commercial, philanthropic, and governmental organizations to collect rich and actionable data and drive advancements in science, research, and technology.
To achieve these efforts, Stratolaunch requires a Manufacturing Engineer II
to create and maintain shop definition including drawings, wiring diagrams, and work instructions. You must be comfortable as a liaison to the shop to install and modify existing aircraft subsystems. Additionally, you may contribute to environmental component and/or vehicle-level subsystems testing. This position will include evaluation of a broad range of technical data. Candidates must have an aerospace development background and relevant experience in aerospace systems integration.
- Create drawings, wiring diagrams, and work instructions to install or modify electrical and/or avionics subsystems
- Create 3D CAD models and drawings of avionics hardware
- Create environmental test plans, procedures, and reports
- Supervise and oversee environmental tests, both onsite and offsite
- Support the shop by acting as the engineering liaison to troubleshoot documentation issues and provide real-time support on the shop floor
- Troubleshoot electrical and avionics ground test issues
- Regular and comprehensive communication to your lead
- Contribute to the integration of complex aerospace systems
- Travel, as needed, to support the department
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments
- Knowledge of, and experience with, one or more of these disciplines: wiring diagram creation, 3D CAD modeling, creating shop definition and drawings, environmental component testing
- Experience with the creation of shop work instructions, including wiring diagrams and drawings
- Direct hands-on experience with aircraft electrical system installation and best practices, including shop liaison experience
- Troubleshooting of electrical issues at the component and system level
- Lab equipment: Oscilloscopes, multimeters, AC/DC power supplies, signal generators
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Facilitation skills and ability to communicate technical challenges and guidance to varied audiences to gain support or resolve concerns
- Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritize tasking to fit within the business goals
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited institution and 5-plus years of engineering experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Engineering