Stratolaunch is developing an air-launch platform to contribute to high-speed research and development. The goal of Stratolaunch is to use the air-launch platform for enabling technologies that may not otherwise exist. Stratolaunch has the potential for creating technology development opportunities for commercial, philanthropic, and governmental organizations to collect rich and actionable data and drive advancements in science, research, and technology.
As an Engineering Manager you will operate in a ‘homeroom’ function to support the Hypersonic Engineering Department with talent acquisition, resource management, engineering tool development, and resource management. This individual will support the hypersonic engineering team to achieve their goals and objectives in alignment with our culture and values.Essential Responsibilities:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to create job requisitions review applicants, interview, and hire engineering staff for the hypersonic team. Develop various measures and tools to create consistency for hiring exceptional engineers.
- Create lasting relationships with hypersonic engineers to support the engineers in their career development and growth.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to create lasting relationships with university engineering departments, engineering faculty, and student design clubs and groups. Participate in recruiting trips.
- Recommend staffing assignments to build effective teams that can execute hypersonic programs successfully.
- Lead the creation of functional homerooms where engineers from each discipline can share lessons learned and promote technical best practices and standards.
- Assist in establishing, implementing, and maintaining engineering policies, procedures, and standards, which may include Engineering Change and Revision Control, Digital Engineering, Model Based Systems Engineering, Test Readiness and Approval, Design Reviews, etc.
- Partner with HR to determine compensation adjustments and bonuses for the hypersonic engineering team.
- Lead Engineering Department meetings to provide department status updates and to promote our culture.
- Participate in customer meetings and tours, business development, technical conferences, marketing events, and public speaking events, as required.
- Build strong partnerships across the organization to solve cross-departmental issues.
- Partner with admins to improve the day-to-day efficiency of the hypersonic engineering team.
- Assist engineering managers with the performance management of their teams.
Education and Experience:
- Experience hiring and recruiting engineers.
- Experience building exceptional engineering teams and managing engineers.
- Thorough understanding of how successful engineering departments function.
- Thorough understanding of all engineering tools, best practices, and standards as they apply to the design, manufacture, and test of prototype aircraft.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a history of partnering with Human Resources on people related concerns.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent at providing both positive and critical feedback.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Ability to be onsite 80% of the time at the Stratolaunch headquarters in Mojave, CA.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from accredited institution, 8-plus years of engineering experience, and 3-5+ years in management roles.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Engineering