Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
About Capella Space
Capella Space is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. We’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Who We Are: SupportOps
The Technical Support Engineer (DevOps with Support), exists for one purpose: to solve complex internal problems so that Capella Space can continue to deliver world-class imaging to our customers. SupportOps leverages our support structure to triage and resolve various requests across a variety of services. Consistency, reliability, and quality are essential to what we do:
- We balance 24/7 support and on-call responsibilities by distributing our team remotely, working in overlapping time zones, and rotating through on-call weeks
- We use root cause analysis to help us get to the true source of technical issues, and we help facilitate long-term solutions to prevent those issues from recurring again
- We design, build, and maintain the appropriate monitoring and alerting platforms (dashboards, reporting scripts) to ensure we are monitoring our vital systems and associated key performance metrics
Who You Are:
- You have strong chops in Python and want to work for an agile space company!
- Minimum of 2 years experience with REST APIs, Cloud-based Data Flow and Management: Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes, Terraform, Unix/Linux systems
- Process and Code Management/Documentation: Jira, Confluence, Gitlab
- You want to grow your skills! We believe in growing our best engineers from within, and we will support your professional development.
- You’ve got an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physical/Earth Sciences, or an equivalent combination of technical education (bootcamps, coding accelerators) and work experience that you’d love to tell us about.
- You're comfortable working in a periodic 24/7 on-call rotation. What this looks like: members of our team will work standard business hours for their timezone and rotate into one week of 24/7 on-call support. If there are four team members, this would mean one week of 24/7 on-call responsibilities every 4th week (with escalation support) for each SupportOps Engineer. This has the potential to evolve into shift work as our demand for technical support peaks.
- You have a calm, collected approach to problem solving, but you’re able to prioritize and have a keen attention to detail. You care about helping us improve our documentation and processes as we resolve issues.
- You’re a great cross-team collaborator. You can distill complex technical concepts down to simple terms, and you proactively communicate the progress or status of open issues or requests to our internal stakeholders.
- You’re inquisitive, curious, and eager to understand our systems and technologies.
- Other nice-to-have skills: experience working with geospatial data or remotely sensed imagery; experience in the satellite or space industry
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending
- Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- Cell and Internet Monthly Stipend
- Capella Community Events
- For those who choose to work at our offices:
- Gourmet-style, Daily Lunch
- Dog-friendly Work Environment (SF only)
- Commuter and Parking benefits
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.