As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
The Electrical Engineer will design, build, test, and fly multiple avionics units from the ground up to support Momentus orbital service vehicles. Design high-performance, low cost, and low-mass flight computers, cameras, attitude sensors, and power converters.
- Support development of one or more avionics units in one of the following areas:
- Flight compute, data handling, and payload interface systems
- Power converters and power distribution systems
- Attitude determination sensors and cameras
- Radio communication systems
- High power microwave amplifiers
- Perform PCB schematic capture and layout
- Support functional testing and qualification (TVAC, vibe, thermal, radiation, EMC/EMI, etc.) testing of avionics widgets
- BS in electrical engineering or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in electronics design
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout in Altium Designer
- Familiar with digital, analog, and mixed signal circuit design
- Familiar with communication buses such as I2C, SPI, and UART
- Experience with circuit simulation software such as LTSpice
- Comfortable with through-hole and surface-mount soldering
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.