Want to invent the future of the Space Industry? You have come to the right place. We fundamentally believe that our PocketQube satellites can radically transform the small space sector by providing innovative solutions to real world problems using technology which is more accessible than traditional satellites. We need super ambitious, driven and bright minds to make this a reality.
Alba Orbital is the world leader in PocketQube satellites and is one of the UK’s most innovative companies. We are looking to add a Satellite Operator Engineer (SOE) to our small, highly driven team. As a Satellite Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for operating Alba Orbital’s satellites. You will track and monitor their status by analysing the received telemetry while working directly with the engineering team to improve the overall performance of the satellites and the associated ground systems. You will also be contributing to the development of a fully automated ground station/system.Responsibilities Of Your Role
- Operate the ground station to communicate with the satellites to meet mission objectives during all phases of operations, including launch, commissioning, production, and re-entry (including off-hours and weekend support).
- Validate on-orbit performance of the satellite by analysing observation data and satellite telemetry.
- Troubleshoot on-orbit issues/Recognize irregularities on the satellite and ground station and support other engineering teams by maintaining thorough documentation.
- Maintain accurate logs of satellite operations activities and update the knowledge base with subsystem status changes as appropriate.
- Build tools to automate manual processes in satellite operations.
- Develop automated commanding scripts for new activities to be carried out on a spacecraft.
- Support the on-ground testing campaign.
- Basic proficiency with Python and Linux
- Working knowledge of Github and/or software configuration management systems
- General understanding of issue-tickets and incident reporting
- Awareness of methods in anomaly support and troubleshooting
- Proficient in English
Security/ export control:
- Strong data analysis skills (statistics, hypothesis testing, data visualization)
- Experience with satellite command and control software
- RF licence/ Radio amateur is preferable.
- Experience working in a 24/7 support environment
- Experience in systems engineering, covering the design, implementation, verification, and operation phases
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Be independent, yet be able to work in a collaborative environment.
Please be aware that many roles working for Alba Orbital will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform working with us