SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTERNATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS MANAGER (STARLINK)
The Infrastructure Operations team is looking for a international infrastructure operations manager to grow our team and further the international development, expansion, and operation of Starlink ground infrastructure. As an international infrastructure operations manager, you will be responsible for solving unique operational challenges in your market and finding strategic ways to leverage global and regional resources that create cost savings, accelerate activation of our assets, and facilitate customer growth and quality of service over time. We are looking for individuals who are creative, fast problem solvers, and ready to take on challenges outside of their comfort zone. In this role, your goal would be to help the team improve the way we work with supplier partners, operate and maintain current Starlink ground infrastructure, and to find creative ways to deliver reliable service to customers all around the world!
- Source and establish the regional and global supplier partnerships needed to acquire, build, expand, and successfully operate Starlink's ground infrastructure in a given market
- Develop the regional business, cultural, and regulatory expertise needed to support financial planning, inform supplier management and strategy, and facilitate ongoing operations
- Execute agreements and develop commercial models that support partnerships with key suppliers and address the near-term needs of the team today as well as Starlink's future growth plans
- Create a scalable approach to assessing and improving the health of our current and future ground infrastructure. Define what "financial and operational success" means through measurement of qualitative and quantitative performance metrics
- Work directly with cross-functional teams, including infrastructure, reliability, legal, billing and payments, finance, and design teams, to identify areas for operational improvement, and quantify impact to business
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of professional experience, or 5+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, operations, or engineering function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working internationally or with international suppliers
- Self-starting, able to identify areas for improvement with minimal direction
- Ability to tackle complex and ambiguous problems, shepherd the right resources, and drive to quantifiable results
- Able to adapt and build processes that can flex to changing requirements and strategy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate challenging topics to executive audiences
- External supplier management, contracting, and negotiation experience
- Development experience in Python, C# or other object-oriented language
- Experience or interest in data analysis, data visualization, and/or financial analysis
- Demonstrates commitment to SpaceX's goals of reusability, renewability, and sustainability
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Willingness to work long hours when needed to meet critical deadlines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.