SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
The Process Development Engineer is responsible for developing and improving the business processes and systems that enable SpaceX to design, build, launch, and reuse the most advanced rockets in the world. This engineer seeks to eliminate inefficiencies and constantly questions the status quo while improving data integrity and product reliability.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve business processes, policies, and software needed for nonconforming hardware management, configuration management, manufacturing and assembly, product traceability, rocket reusability and maintenance, and other critical business/production systems
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Act as subject matter expert in multiple SpaceX processes and systems, enabling complex data gathering, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Develop standardized metrics for the Production and Quality organizations
- Develop, review, and approve procedures ensuring completeness, accuracy, regulatory and customer compliance, and quality objectives
- Develop and execute training and communication plans during major process changes
- Collaborate across disciplines including Engineering, Production, Test, Launch, Mission Operations, ERP, Supply Chain, Mission Management, Customer Contracts, and Management to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or STEM discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of database structures and SQL
- Experience with AS 9100, ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 13485, or similar Quality Management System
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting production of complex electro-mechanical systems in high volume work centers and/or during production ramp-up
- Knowledge of lean and quality tools such as Process Mapping, Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Metrology, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, and various problem solving approaches
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis Tools such as Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Regression Analysis, and Minitab (or similar)
- Dedicated to adopting a Lean approach to quality without compromising safety or reliability
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and offsite as required. Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to pass Space Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.