Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About The Role
The customer success strategy & operations team at Planet is seeking a new Customer Success Operations Systems Manager! Your main mission will be to support Global Customer Success strategy and KPIs by owning technical solutions. You will ensure that our tech stack is fit for purpose, develop new solutions where needed, maintain current solutions and ensure excellent data quality and availability throughout. Additionally, you will collaborate with other teams including (but not limited to) Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Education and Support, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a fast-growing company from within.
Impact You’ll Own
- Developing new scalable solutions that support entire Global Customer Success function and strategic Planet priorities
- Focus on system changes, including gathering requirements and supporting enablement
- Ensuring that our technical setup is running smoothly and is fit for purpose
- Performing initial analysis to assess the quality of the data
- Fixing or removing corrupted data, errors and related problems
- Working to identify root causes of data issues and supporting initiatives designed to eliminate them
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs
What You Bring
- Previous experience in business operations or systems administration environment
- Technical skills, ideally experience with Salesforce, Gainsight, Tableau or similar
- Degree in a numerical or technical subject, such as computer science, statistics or finance
- Strong excel/google sheets skills
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with internal stakeholder groups
- Strong problem solving skills and proactive work style
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with Salesforce and Gainsight
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau or PowerBI
Benefits While Working At Planet
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
Some Press About Us
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why We Care So Much About Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.