SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOURCING SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
The Starlink Supply Chain Department is looking for a sourcing specialist to support satellite production in our Redmond facility. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the Starlink program. The functions within the department include procurement, planning and fulfillment, supplier development and quality, logistics and inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor delivery of goods and services according to master schedules; execute purchasing transactions within scope area by issuing purchase orders for SpaceX programs and ensure delivery; manage all relevant master data in MRP to ensure accurate and complete information at all times
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to evaluate sourcing models and optimize the value of products and services that support business requirements; maintain continuous cost reduction programs; communicate, manage, and drive compliance to category strategies; provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Improve sourcing strategies to reduce risk and meet targets for the Starlink program including, but not limited to, payment terms, spend targets, and cost savings
- Responsible for identifying and executing cost reduction projects including planning, stakeholder coordination, timeline management, and project updates
- Negotiations: utilize negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk
- Responsible for advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for managed categories; perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost; collaborate with stakeholders to define service level agreements and key performance indicators for suppliers, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery; conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Establish preferred suppliers; create and implement programs to develop, monitor, improve, and manage supply base key performance indicators
- Develop and lead efforts to reduce transaction quantities for assigned categories
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, or engineering function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- 2+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, or engineering function
- Contract development and negotiation experience
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize appropriately to meet internal customer and company needs
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, with strong ability to communicate to all levels of internal personnel
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.