SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. QUALITY SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams in support of all AS9100 Quality Management Systems certification activities, including auditing, planning, implementing and maintaining processes, systems, developing command media.
- Manage corrective and preventive action process to correct nonconformances and drive improvement of the management system.
- Assess core business processes through internal audit to ensure conformance to SpaceX policies and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001/AS9100 standard and customer requirements.
- Measure and monitors management system data and reports to management on Quality System conformance status and improvement initiatives.
- Provide management system training and guidance to internal key stakeholders, to build, implement and improve policy, procedures and systems that meet SpaceX business objectives.
- Interface with government customers on management system data, status and assist with management system insight through internal and 3rd party audit observations, including administration of customer portals.
- Provide constructive feedback to steering meetings to improve audit, projects and team objectives/goals.
- Administer/maintain external documents and web based subscription services (specifications, technical papers, industry standards).
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, business management or another STEM discipline.
- Minimum 5 years' experience implementing, managing and auditing quality management systems (AS9100 Quality Management Systems standard).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience implementing core body of knowledge of quality engineering principles.
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to communicate effectively with management, technical teams and all organizations in the business.
- Ability to lead and contribute independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel, SQL queries, Tableau, or other relevant data mining software applications.
- ASQ - CQA - RAB certified lead auditor or training, with hands on implementation and assessment
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification
- Previous consulting and implementation of management systems is preferable as is general knowledge and application of other aerospace standards.
- Able to demonstrate solid knowledge and application of root cause analysis tools for process improvements and corrective action effectiveness.
- Experience with independently coordinating customer audit participation and execute on deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task, to manage shifting priorities and assure project leads deliver on time.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as the work dictates.
- Must be able to travel and support multiple sites and locations.
- Ability to pass Space Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg access.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.