About the Company
Pixxel is a space data company building a health monitor for our planet. We are doing that by building a constellation of the world’s most advanced hyperspectral earth imaging satellites and an analytics platform to power the application of this dataset across multiple sectors. The fully deployed constellation will beam down high resolution imagery of every place on earth every day.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for a PR and communications wizard to come aboard and build the function from scratch. This will be the first such senior hire within Pixxel.
The role will largely involve the following:
- Spearheading the articulation and execution of the marketing and branding strategy for Pixxel
- Write initial drafts of press releases, conducting research for newsworthy stories internally with the marketing, product and other internal stakeholders including legal and finance teams.
- Lead PR agency management, challenging them to come up with our new big ideas to drive business targets, as well as delivering on flawless execution (day-to-day communication and activities, reporting, status meetings and asset management)
- Be a champion for integrating disruptive PR tactics into overall marketing strategies, as well as social media campaigns. This will also involve the creation of content for social media.
- Work with external stakeholders on news stories, as appropriate. This includes partnerships, acquisitions and joint press release announcements and trend stories with customers or external organisations.
- Assist in the development of communication strategies that will generate public excitement about space exploration and support Pixxel’s position as industry leader
- Provide tactical public relations support, including logistical planning and execution
- Support Pixxel executives and other company leaders during speaking engagements and other events through preparation of presentations and other assets as needed
- Build Pixxel’s presence across all major social media channels through media campaigns
- Create (and bring existing) relationships with reporters to offer a relevant source for their next piece
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of prior PR/communications experience; Individuals with a strong personal online portfolio would be strong contenders
- Demonstrated experience of building and leading teams preferred
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Familiarity with running large scale campaigns on major social media channels