Long Beach, CABonus
Full-TimeWho We Are
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin’s legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our job openings on our career portal .
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our Accounting & Finance team to serve as a Project Analyst.
If you join us in this position, you will be responsible for supporting project management activities, specifically with Cost, Schedule and Subcontracts administration teams.
This is a full-time position
at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California
, with an option to work on hybrid remote schedule following initial training.
What You’ll Need
- Support the preparation and administration of commercial and government contracts and subcontracts; project and business analytical modeling; project cost modeling; operational analysis; and program schedule analysis
- Coordinate in the preparation of Business Management (Finance, Schedule, and Subcontract) reports through collecting, analyzing and summarizing information from business operations and technical team.
- Assist team to develop and maintain weekly and monthly status reports to keep management informed on project progress (Actuals, ETC, EAC and variances to BAC).
- Maintain project dashboards based on updates from the project team.
- Participate in strategic initiatives that focus on efficient utilization of resources, require financial analysis and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support in the monitoring of department and program spend versus budget, reviewing expenses to determine if operating to plan.
- Collaborate with PM team on the organization, integration, and maintenance of LauncherOne multi-layered program schedule using Microsoft Project.
- Support the mapping/diagraming of new business policies and processes.
- Provide analytical capabilities, information and tools for operations to enhance the detection of current and future performance issues.
- Perform data extractions and prepare reports to support Business Management Team.
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place.
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members.
- Perform other duties assigned.
What you bring
Skills We Value
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or similar field of study
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience performing analysis in support of business operations and special projects in a corporate manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, business case development, and contract administration.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint – advanced experience with Excel is strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of commercial contract/sub-contract management, business agreements, general business practices, negotiations, and license agreements.
- Basic knowledge of the federal acquisition process, government contracting principles Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space.
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR
- Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from Virgin Orbit.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system – Oracle is a plus.
- and governing regulations (including ITAR/FAR/DFAR and US import and export regulations).
- Ability to recommend best practices using innovation, good judgment, creativity and strategic thinking.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team.
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness .
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by following us on:
YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.