Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
We are looking for a dynamic Inventory Specialist to join our growing company. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks in support of Viasat’s Manufacturing, Service, and Engineering departments. Daily activities in support of these groups may consist of kitting materials, material transactions, supporting receiving activities, daily truck deliveries/pickups, and administrative responsibilities. Your organizational skills will help align your daily work with company priorities and coordinate the flow of materials with multiple groups. Your ability to solve problems will be utilized daily as you work to meet our internal and external customer requests in the quickest and most efficient way possible. In addition to meeting customer requests, you’ll also be responsible for maintaining the accuracy, condition, and security of inventory under our control. Activities in support of this responsibility include performing daily cycle counts, inbounding materials from receiving to stockroom locations, investigating the causes of inventory variances, and monitoring the access to our work areas.Requirements
- 2+ Years’ experience in Material/Inventory Control in a high-tech environment
- Proficient with ERP/MRP business systems in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Versed in ESD, MSD material handling and packaging
- High school diploma or GED.
- US Government Position. US citizenship required.
- Up to 10% domestic travel
- Operations/Materials Management experience a plus
- College level coursework in Supply Chain, Accounting, Finance, or Logistics
- APICS CPIM or comparable professional certification
- Experience working with the Oracle Inventory module and OBIEE reporting tool
- Experience in an ERP environment with super user responsibilities
- Experience working with inventory on government property projects
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!