Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.Team
The Stennis team at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, building, and operating world-class test stands to support the Terran 1 stages, engines, and propulsion components. As part of this team, you will help build and operate massive outdoor test stands at the historic Stennis Space Center on the Gulf Coast, the largest rocket engine test complex in the country. Unique to this location, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on the fully integrated engine and stage assemblies, push the hardware to the limits, and witness rocket engines firing up close and personal! This team is critical to the launch success of Terran 1, among many other firsts! Check out this video to learn more about the Stennis test team.What You’ll Do
Our propulsion test technicians perform functions in daily test operations supporting engine testing, building of new test stand facilities, and modifying and retrofitting existing test stands. Our Propulsion Test Technician team is responsible for all aspects of building and modifying test stands from the ground up.Responsibilities
What You Need To Know
- Fabrication, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of fluid system panels and tubing
- Perform the installation, troubleshooting, and operational checkouts of data and control system hardware
- Build, checkout, and install test equipment and harnessing for a wide array of instrumentation to include sensors that measure temperature, pressure, flow, displacement, and vibration
- Perform system level troubleshooting and maintenance of test stand equipment and hardware
- Ensure that all engine test stand related equipment and services are performed safe and timely manner
- Proactively perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Disassemble and precision cleaning of valves, regulators, and other components
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of consumables, tooling, and equipment
High school diploma or GED and prior experience in medium to heavy industrial maintenance, instrumentation fitting, mechanical systems or construction.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ability to operate a wide range of hand and power tools for fabrication operations
- Operate industrial warehouse equipment
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and well document work performed
- Ability to work independently and part of a team and meet aggressive schedules
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- This position will require occasional night shifts and possible travel
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!