What We Do
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
Wanna join the adventure?
As a Senior System Engineer of Loft's mission team, you will work on multiple satellite missions simultaneously, each with a unique, multi-payload configuration. You will work cross-functionally across multiple Loft teams: satellite operation software, payload interface software, mission engineering and AIT.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
What You'll Do:
- Working both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and maintain technical budgets for spacecraft performance.
- Working both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and manage system requirements and verification techniques.
- Working both with Other Groups and Customers to develop and evolve mission CONOPS, supporting the development of Service Level Agreements with Loft's customers
- Assist with program management and product management, including interfacing with customers on programmatic and schedule matters
- Develop, in collaboration with team members, interface specifications, CONOPS definition, and other design documents.
- Support test procedures and participate in the integration and test campaign at our spacecraft manufacturer's site
There is a good chance you'll love this job if you have:
- Enjoy being the face of the technical requirements and working with a team to deliver quality hardware.
- Challenge norms in aerospace on implementing and executing on System Engineering functions
- Have demonstrated experience as a technical specialist on specific spacecraft subsystems as well as system-level experience (Thermal, Structural, ADCS, RF Link, etc)
- Have demonstrated experience in small satellite assembly, integration and test campaigns
- Have experience in a fast-paced development environment.
- Have prior experience delivering a spacecraft to orbit and/or space-qualified hardware to a customer
- You have 5 years of experience as a systems engineer or similar in the space industry
- Preferred: Experience on RF and/or Electrical subsystems
- Preferred: Proficient with STK
- Plus: Experience with thermal analysis
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Comprehensive dental, medical and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan and equity
- Daily catered lunches
- Cross office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse, France
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Off-sites and many happy hours
- Foreign language classes
- We offer relocation assistance when applicable
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.