We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of engineers, you will be responsible for design, development, and/or production support for a variety of combustion devices (injectors, chambers, nozzles, thrusters, igniters, and related components) for various rocket engines and spaceflight systems. This may include responsibilities from initial requirements through flight qualification including design, manufacturing, test support, performing test data reviews, processing non-conforming hardware and writing technical reports. This role reports directly to a Combustion Devices Manager within the Engines business unit.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, chemical or physics desired)
- 2+ years of professional engineering experience with combustion devices (injectors, chambers, nozzles, thrusters, igniters, and related components)
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and structural mechanics
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Familiarity with data analysis and data processing
- Computer aided design (CAD) experience
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Export Control Regulations
- Advanced degree in engineering discipline
- Experience with Creo (Pro/E) Wildfire 5 or greater, Windchill 10
- Strong technical experience in propulsion, fluids, thermodynamics, and combustion analysis
- Strong knowledge of combustion devices design process and hardware fabrication techniques
- Manufacturing trending, process mapping/optimization experience
- Knowledge of combustion devices life cycle from design, development, qualification, acceptance and production
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays