We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are committed to a culture of safety. This position directly impacts the history of space exploration and requires a commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
This position reports to the Group Manager of the Requirements Group inside of the Advanced Development Programs (ADP) business unit. ADP is responsible for all of Blue Origin’s orbital and planetary flight systems, services, and products, and a wide range of concepts, proposals, and development projects for ADP product lines and this position is responsible for the people, processes, and tools that shape the future of Blue Origin.
As a Systems Engineering Team Manager in a matrix organization, you will lead a team of subject matter experts. Your management responsibilities will comprise approximately one-third of your time. With the remaining portion of your time, you will contribute to your area of technical expertise, providing technical support directly onto one or more product teams. In this capacity, you will be responsible for exemplifying standard methodologies, balanced technical judgment, and superior work ethic.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to join our team and positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required. If you’re excited by providing near-term value, solving novel problems, learning about interesting topics, and completing exciting activities, please apply!Responsibilities
- Responsible for cultivating an evolving, rightsized workforce
- Leading all aspects of performance, merits, and promotions
- Leading all aspects of arbitration of team member’s deployment onto multiple programs and balancing demand variation and work statement change
- Benchmarking the work standards and tools with other Blue Origin business units and with industry trends
- Assuring the Systems Engineering Section’s work products meet domain quality standards
- Supply people, processes, and tools needed to meet the demand signals specified by project and program managers.
- Lead your team members’ professional development (e.g., hiring, performance evaluations, compensation and promotion management, routine one-on-one development conversations) and coach them on performance
- Organize and equip your team and assure that your team members are trained
- Perform technical work and provide technical leadership of the highest caliber
- Build a team which embodies and promotes the Blue Origin leadership principles and Advanced Development Program (ADP) culture
- Passion for Blue Origin’s mission and enabling the future of space exploration!
- B.S. in Aerospace, Software. Electrical, Mechanical, Physics, Systems Engineering, or related technical subject area
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic work environment while regularly providing imaginative and detailed technical solutions to complex problems
- Understanding of the principles, concepts, and methods of systems engineering such as functional decomposition, requirement definition, requirement and design traceability, verification and validation, qualification, certification, interface control document (ICD) management, configuration management, or risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphical communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- 2+ years managing technical teams and/or leading functional groups with responsibility for career management of employees
- 6+ years of experience in at least one specialty area applicable to the space flight
- General knowledge of overall systems engineering process and ability to define, write, deploy, and enforce systems engineering management process (SEMP)
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
Estimated salary wage (Colorado only): $114K- $217KExport Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays