We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of engineers, technicians, and specialists, you will ensure compliance of governing safety regulations in all operations at Blue Origin’s Florida launch pad. Hazardous operations consist of ordnance installations, hydrazine operations, payload integration, launch, landing, and refurbishment evolutions. In this position, you will provide guidance and general oversite of industrial-type hazards and operations supporting the New Glenn Rocket program to ensure compliance with USSF 91-710, OSHA, NFPA, and other regulatory agencies. You will also function as Blue Origin compliance liaison to FAA and USSF during Launch Area Hazardous operations.
Other duties include managing relevant assigned projects with responsibility for project planning, execution, change management, and input to budget development to the Mission Execution Director. This position requires strong drive, attention to detail, organization, working long hours, and the ability to multi-task.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- 8+ years of work experience with managing hazardous operations, including team oversite and hazard mitigation.
- Proven experience in meeting regulatory compliance while performing hazardous operations.
- Experience with developing and executing hazardous operations procedures.
- Must be able to obtain State of Florida Blasters Permit, BATF Employee Possessor Certification.
- Working knowledge of BATF regulations.
- Strong OSHA and other safety related training experience.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management methods, pressure systems, and chemical delivery systems.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft products including SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Position requires lifting (50lbs), climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, carrying, and standing for extended periods (8 hours min.)
- Must be able to qualify for and wear respiratory protection equipment.
- Able to work full-time schedule, overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to pass the security background check to work at federal reservations.
- Based upon job duties, may need to work in various areas that may cause exposure to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Export Control Regulations
- 10+ years of Hazardous Operations experience as focal for regulatory compliance.
- 3+ years in a Leadership Role responsible for Environmental, Health, and/or Safety adherence
- Console experience for test or launch operations.
- Ground safety experience with aerospace launch and landing operations.
- Knowledge of USSF Manuals: 91-710, 91-201.
- Expertise in Life Safety Code (NFPA 101).
- HAZMAT and/or emergency response team experience.
- Process Safety Management program development experience.
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays