We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of analysts, you will help design and develop rocket engines and propulsion systems that meet launch vehicle requirements for various spaceflight systems. You will build and run steady state and transient analytic models of engines and other test articles to predict how they operate. You will use these models to develop engine requirements, build test sequences, and help with vehicle trajectory design. You will correlate system models to test data and provide the engine test team with test sequences and other guidance about safe engine operation. You will work with vehicle simulations to ensure engine modeling is accurate for flight mission simulations.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Understanding of rocket engines, gas turbine engines, internal combustion engines, etc.
- Strong understanding and ability to apply engineering fundamentals including thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and power systems
- Proficient in programming and knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language (Python/MATLAB/etc)
- Familiarity with data analysis
- Curiosity to understand engines at a component and system level
- Desire to work in a coordinated, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- M.S. degree or higher
- Internship in related field
- Experience in system modeling
- Experience in cryogenic propellants
- Knowledge of ROCETS, NPSS, GFSSP or an equivalent system modeling software package
- Knowledge of Fortran
- Experience with system or performance analysis across the lifecycle of a product or across different products
- Experience with engine qualification and verification
- Understanding of numerical solvers and methods
- Working knowledge of a variety of propellants
- Knowledge of engine components such as pumps, turbines, injectors, combustors, and valves
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays