We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of propulsion test engineers, you will help drive rocket engines test operations at Edwards Airforce Base Airforce Research Lab (AFRL) to meet Blue Origin’s launch vehicle program requirements for various spaceflight systems. You will directly contribute to engine test operations by assisting with test planning and execution, risk identification and mitigation, hardware integration for test campaigns, post-test inspections, data review, and engine performance analysis. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications
- B.S. degree in engineering discipline (aerospace, mechanical, or physics desired)
- Experience in a testing environment
- Experience in executing test procedures
- Demonstrated familiarity with data analysis
- Work on-site at test facilities at Edwards Airforce Base Airforce Research Lab
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work independently
- Strong technical fundamentals in fluids and thermodynamics
- Ability to read and interpret engineering standards, technical requirements, and engineering drawings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Export Control Regulations
- M.S. degree or higher in mechanical or aerospace engineering with experimental lab experience
- Propulsion test experience
- Experience designing, fabricating, or operating fluid systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation including pressure transducers, thermocouples, silicon diodes, resistance temperature detectors, and accelerometers.
- Operational understanding of engines and engine sub-components, such as turbopumps, combustion devices, valves, and other fluid components
- Hands-on experience with integrating test articles and sub-assemblies for test
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, MATLAB, Winplot, or other control, data acquisition, and reduction software
- Familiarity with CAD applications (ProE or Creo preferred)
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays