We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As a member of a small team, the Ordnance Coordinator will lead Blue Origin’s ordnance systems management for all teams in Texas as well as develop and execute ordnance operations for New Shepard and Test Operations at the launch site. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of Blue Origin’s Launch Site One and requires strong drive, attention to detail, organization, working long hours, and the ability to multi-task.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Responsibilities
- Project Manager for Blue Origin Texas’s ordnance program
- Leads and manages Blue Origin Texas ordnance inventory
- Maintains DOT CFR 49 & IATA Hazardous Material Shipping Certification
- Tracks Ordnance Items from Supplier
- Arranges Ordnance Delivery/Receipt
- Maintains Master Ordnance List
- Assigns Serial Numbers by Vehicle - FIFO
- Schedules Service Life Testing (SLT)
- Arranges Ordnance Shipments (Testing, Offsite Work, Other Blue Sites)
- Coordinates Ordnance Receipt, Storage & Delivery. (Launch Site One Magazines)
- Tracks ordnance lot status and testing
- Monitors industry notifications for similar ordnance systems (e.g. GIDEP)
- Manage relevant assigned projects with responsibility for project planning, development, and change management, input to budget development and updating, clearly defining assigned project deliverables to the Blue Origin Ordnance Manager.
- Coordinate assigned project, daily business relationships and expectations in conjunction with overall Operations deliverables.
- Work with the Managers within Operations to support and provide input into the Strategy, Master Schedules and Plans in order for Operations to achieve its goals.
- Provide strong leadership and support within the organization to always consider problem solving to ‘Root Cause’, ensuring that we eliminate repeat issues.
- Develop ordnance operations training materials for inclusion into the Blue Learning Management System.
- Support launch vehicle integration operations at the Launch Site One as required.
- 5 or more years of work experience with ordnance operations and inventory control
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present Blue Origin to our customers in both written and personal meeting scenarios
- Experience with developing and executing launch operations procedures
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to be added to Blue Origin Texas’s BATF Permit
- Knowledge of BATF regulations
- The ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment and be able to demonstrate good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to represent the company internally and externally in a highly professional and credible manner
- Able to work full time schedule, overtime, on-call nights, weekends, and holidays
- Position requires lifting (50lbs), climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying, and standing for extended periods (8 hours min.)
- Able to work in harsh climate environment.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Export Control Regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business, supply chain management, logistics, or related field of study
- 8 or more years of Operations experience (Manufacturing, Material Management and/or Engineering)
- Experience working with the requirements of AFMAN 91-201, NFPA Standards, 29 CFR 1910.109, and DESR 6055.09-STD
- 5 or more years in a Leadership Role responsible for Technical Products, Project Cost & Schedule Performance
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Experience with project management/scheduling experience (MS Project, Primavera P6)
- Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays