We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of the passionate New Glenn Program Management team, you will work at the intersection of program management, engineering, and production to ensure product demand and engineering requirements are managed and implemented throughout the vehicle production lifecycle. We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized individual who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to successfully execute engineering integration and program management activities including implementation of program engineering and mission requirements into the build plan, test plans, and manufacturing BOMs under the guidance of experienced vehicle configuration leads.Responsibilities
- Create and maintain as-planned product structures for integrated products of the New Glenn Launch Vehicle under the guidance of vehicle stage production configuration leads
- Develop skills to create general manufacturing build and flows, general test plans, time studies, manufacturing and test requirement studies, process failure mode and effects analysis studies, BOM comparison studies, and production simulations using CAD software
- Perform general industrial, manufacturing, and testing engineering tasks at the concept level for change implementation
- Work with vehicle stage production configuration leads to develop technical expertise on the manufacturing, testing, and operation of integrated products
- Partner with design teams and integrated testing functions to coordinate requirement implementation and integration with BOM structures
- Passion for Blue Origin’s mission: Millions of people living and working in space!
- B.S. degree in engineering or B.S./B.A. in other technical field
- 0-3 years of experience in design, development, integration, or testing – preferably with aerospace hardware or complex technical systems
- Possess high attention to detail and strong organizational/coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability building trusting and effective working relationships that improve team performance and deliver results
- Experience working collaboratively in small teams on fast-paced projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- 20% travel will be required to coordinate with design/production teams
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
Export Control Regulations
- Working knowledge of configuration management principles and practices
- Experience in development of launch vehicles
- Experience with structures, mechanical systems, cryogenic fluids, and avionics systems in a design and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing manufacturing installation plans, work instructions, and/or test plans / procedures for structural parts, fluids components and tubes, feedlines, engines, harnesses, and sensors on assemblies and vehicles.
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, design for manufacturing and testing, lean manufacturing, six sigma, and quality control processes.
- Experience using Manufacturing Execution Systems/Software and processes.
- Experience with data analytics software and methods (SQL, Alteryx, or similar)
- Experience with engineering drawings and GD&T Methods (per ASME Y14.5)
- Proficiency in business and engineering software (MS Office, Windchill, PLM, and similar).
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays