We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of professionals, specialists, and engineers, you will lead efforts to manage and direct suppliers and teammates to support the external development of various spaceflight systems. You will interact with our customers, the Programs, to address concerns and ensure development efforts and deliveries are on track.
Supply Chain Program Managers (SCPM) will manage teams of Procurement Professionals to create Statements of Work, develop negotiation approaches for contracts, and manage ongoing contracts for complex hardware. You will be responsible for supporting the policies, procedures, templates, and tools to drive consistency, accuracy and compliancy across Blue Origin Business Units.
This function directly supports the Business Unit Program Office. This role will be responsible for the management and execution of the material program strategy and the material program plan to ensure program competitiveness and performance from the front end of the business through fulfillment. Key responsibilities of this function include financial management (i.e., EVMS, budgets, targets, working capital, material sales, etc.); supplier management (i.e., Line of Balance (LOB)/Material Status, Supplier Risk/Opportunity management, supplier performance, supply chain metrics, make buy/make where strategies, tactical/strategic sourcing, etc.), and requirements management (i.e. FAR/DFARS, ITAR, OPSEC, security classification guides, public law, quality, warranty, etc.). This role will ensure the placement and receipt of all material requirements to meet those strategies and plans in support of program requirements including complete material management and ownership (schedule, cost and Material EAC). You will negotiate contracts and ensure supply chain competitiveness and performance throughout the lifecycle of the Program. The position includes responsibility for overall ownership of the supplier management process and communication of customer flow-through requirements to ensure that supplier performance exceeds mission objectives.
Key candidate attributes to facilitate success in this role include influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving. We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience, Master's degree with 6 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related industry experience.
- Experience as a people manager; encouraging and in support of performance management activities, goal setting, career counseling, compensation planning, and employee training and /or talent development while managing employees and employee relations issues within varying levels of the Organization.
- Must have knowledge and experience in procurement and planning, MRP/ERP planning and transactions, BOM structures, and material estimating and Basis of Estimate creation.
- Track record of managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal), leadership abilities, negotiation skills and the ability to team in a cross functional environment are required to perform in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuade others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Experience with and knowledge of defense acquisition.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management and Program Management
- Create and maintain systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills developed from contracts, proposal management, supplier management, capture management or similar negotiating activities.
- Experience effectively negotiating Terms and Conditions (T&C’s).
- Ability to develop and execute project plans within budget and schedule constraints, ability to simultaneously manage multiple programs and priorities.
- Experience in engaging with and influencing leadership teams
- Strong analytical skills, data driven with experience in establishing and tracking program metrics
- Track record of working in an ambiguous environment and ability to define processes that can scale
- Experience in Lean / Six Sigma, and demonstrate proficiency at creating models / tools, re-engineering business processes, and performing complex data analysis to improve profitability, cost structure by product group, and production volume attainment.
- Proven problem-solving skills. Able to solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Export Control Regulations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent
- Current SECRET, TOP SECRET or TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Coupa system(s)
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays