SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER (ISSE)
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Information Systems Security Engineer with a deep technical knowledge of information assurance. This includes a proven track-record of assisting with the assessment and accreditation of information systems and satellites in secure environments. You will be a member of the company's government security programs team and will be responsible for ensuring technical requirements associated with the authorization and accreditation of classified systems are satisfied. The ideal candidate will flourish in a demanding and challenging environment with little direct guidance and a high degree of responsibility and accountability.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to bridge the gap between high level security policies and operational implementation of those requirements.
- Work with the ISSM, system administrator, and mission manager to ensure compliance with government requirements and regulations, including NIST 800-53a and derivatives.
- Update and assemble the required documentation needed in order to maintain or receive an Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Understanding of the technical controls associated with the ATO process.
- Answer questions on process, timeline, and status of classified assets and report what is required to the ISSM or others.
- Assist in writing policy, procedure, and standards on the proper secure deployment and maintenance of classified information technology systems.
- Accredit, change, and expand the current information systems in support of the program as necessary. Provide technical expertise on the authorization and accreditation process.
- Strong experience with tools including eMASS, ServiceNow, XACTA, Nessus, Splunk, ELK, OpenSCAP, and SCC.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of system engineering or system security engineering experience.
- Experience with Systems Security Engineering (SSE) documentation (Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support Plans, or Program Protection Plans (PPPs)).
- DoD 8570 certification IAT-Level II.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information systems/IT, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) within IC and DoD communities.
- Experience working with the ISSM or ISSO to complete RMF assessment and authorization documentation.
- Authorization, certification, and accreditation processes as it pertains to classified information systems.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated technical project management skills.
- Satellite security engineering experience a plus.
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance or active Top Secret clearance with favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to travel in support of programmatic requirements.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.