Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.Team
At Relativity, we re-imagine the way rockets are built and flown. The Materials and Processes Team plays a crucial role in this mission by evaluating and improving the materials that make our rockets. We are searching for a Materials Characterization Engineer who will be responsible for conducting testing and evaluation for Relativity’s Materials Characterization lab.What You’ll Do
Your main objective will be to successfully implement machining and materials processing techniques to prep and evaluate test samples across the company. Relativity Space is focused on 3D printing rockets and associated hardware with the ultimate goal of 3D printing a rocket on Mars. The Materials Team is a key contributor to the Relativity Space mission by designing, understanding, and developing our AM materials.What You Need To Know
Nice To Haves But Not Required
- Associate’s degree in materials science or metallography, or a related field
- 2+ years industry experience or equivalent
- Familiarity with software for documentation of test data (MS Office, OneDrive and SharePoint)
- Experience in materials characterization laboratories
- Experience with metallographic techniques and equipment (mounting + polishing, etching, sample preparation, hardness, etc.)
- Experience with optical microscopy techniques and equipment (digital, light, inverted)
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
- Bachelor’s degree in materials science or metallography, or a related field
- Experience with microscopy techniques and equipment (optical, SEM/EDS, metallographic, etc.)
- Experience running DPA analysis
- Prior experience taking ownership of high capital equipment, particularly in purchasing and install
- Experience characterizing aerospace alloys (aluminum, steel, superalloys, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.