Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.About The Role
The role of the Sr. Sales Enablement Specialist is to provide the tools, assets, resources, and training to the internal sales team and support our external partner network in order to improve sales efficiency and success.Taking direction from the Sr. Director of Sales Enablement, and coordinating tasks within the Enablement team (ie. working closely with the Enablement Program Manager), will interface with cross functional commercial teams,ie. Sales, Sales Managers, SDR Managers, Partner Team, Global Customer Success and more in order to design and develop standardized enablement programming with an internal focus on performance improvement and process excellence. This person will maintain the enablement assets and course environment for accuracy, efficiency and overall usability.Impact You’ll Own
What You Bring
- Has a strong interest in Sales operations and enablement organziation and orchestration
- Is comfortable owning enablement program deployments and GTM processes
- Is interested in learning and training on complex technical products and being able to build relevant training content, courses and assessments
- Is interested in being the Sales force’s first-line support for enablement needs
- Is highly detail-oriented and is as interested in the delivery of content as the overall performance of the trainings and their outcomes
- Identifies enablement needs through cross functional work, data reviews, and performance analysis
- Owns certain enablement programs - could include: onboarding, ramping programs, technical product training, weekly specialized training sessions, Sales methodology program, LMS maintenance, etc.
- Monitors the effectiveness of enablement programs of employees using individual or group performance results
- Demonstrates excellence in training and education delivery
- Performs content reviews and keeps collateral up to date and revisioned; enjoys maintenance and organiation of enablement systems and collateral
- Collects feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation
- Comfortable writing curriculum and designing assets and artifacts
- Understands and conforms to Adult Learning Theory
- Develops, writes, and updates course content and coordinates learning curriculum to reflect long-term learning needs
- Contributes to the development and creation of learning paths and training artifacts
- May specialize in a particular subject, training program, or function of the company
- Supports enhancements to company products, business practices, and other topics as needed
- Superior adaptability in an ambiguous environment
- Proactivity in problem solving and architecting the art-of-the-possible solutions for review and collaboration with senior director.
- As directed, designs training for lectures, online/digital courses, and self-study sessions
- Operates as council and partner with the Sr. Director of Enablement to inform decisions based on metric driven analysis and intel through 1:1 and team interactions
- Partners with Sr. Director of Enablement to design assessment and evaluation models to determine phased training needs
- Partners with Sr. Director of Enablement to architect annual training project scope and priorities
- Will participate in stand-and-present training, Sales coaching and rep evaluations frequently
- Listens to sales calls and participates in the evaluations of sales representatives regularly
Benefits While Working At Planet
- 5+ years in Sr. Sales related capacity; preferably SaaS enterprise Sales
- Demonstrable cross-functional project management excellence
- Instructional Design and design authoring tools experience, highly preferred
- Previous engaging classroom training experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and Skilljar, highly preferred
Some Press About Us
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet BlogWhy We Care So Much About Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.EEO Statement
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.Accommodations
By clicking "Apply Now" at the top of this job posting, I acknowledge that I have read the Planet Data Privacy Notice for California Staff Members and Applicants, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.Compensation (only Applicable For Colorado Applicants)
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.