About the Role:
Ideally based in Germany, Netherlands or the UK, the Europe Sales Lead will be responsible for growing Planet Government sales pipeline and book of business in Security related Government institutions (including Defence) in Europe. The ideal candidate for this position is a driven, independent thinker, who can also be creative in finding new and dynamic ways to expand Planet’s government business. This person will have a proven track record of selling to Security, Intelligence and Defence Government customers in this region, with an extensive network and able to navigate procurement processes and frameworks. They will identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large and medium-size deals and drive sales revenue targets. Most likely, the ideal candidate will have a technical understanding of geo-spatial imagery products, or a similar technical field and understanding of government customers that we sell to.
This role involves developing an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, providing product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulating appropriate business. To support this, the candidate should have the ability to forecast accurately when managing the incoming pipeline of opportunities. The need to source, sell, co-sell, and close deals means that the ideal candidate should be familiar with the concepts of carrying quota and closing. Above all else, we want our potential candidate to enjoy our unique value proposition and join us in Planet’s mission to see change and change the world.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Work aggressively to develop the sales pipeline needed to achieve or exceed your sales targets and goals.
- Work in close collaboration with the International Security Sales team and Leadership.
- Work with Planet’s marketing team to run campaigns to attract and identify new opportunities.
- Work with a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will generate contacts and leads to hand off to you for pursuit.
- Prospect and develop business relationships, close sales, and manage customer expectations as the company grows.
- Collaborate with the Sales team in fostering customer relationships.
- Engage qualified prospects and take them through the journey of identifying a fit for Planet solutions and negotiating through agreement/contract/procurement obstacles to achieve an ultimate win.
- Manage the contracting and Government procurement process.
- Work closely with pre-sales staff to ensure a cohesive effort is put forth when demonstrating Planet products and services and achieving a technical win.
- Work closely with our post sales organization and customer success team to ensure a successful onboarding for new customers.
- Work aggressively to develop the adequate sales pipeline needed to achieve or exceed your sales targets and goals.
- Maintain a strong level of pipeline hygiene using Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate and innovate as needed to create customer-facing presentations and proposals unique to the prospect and situation.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate professional experience
- Demonstrated success finding and winning business with Security, Intelligence and Defence customers in the region, in particular within France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy and the Baltic States.
- Deep understanding of the value of commercial imagery in support of the Planet’s mission
- Excellent relationships across Government and the partner ecosystem in the region
- 5+ years of related experience in geospatial software, imagery or technical sales required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- 5+ years’ experience selling to government customers including understanding the nuances of Government sales cycles and how to navigate through the process
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com or a similar CRM System
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship