SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.IT LINUX SYSTEMS ADMNISTRATOR - TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT Linux Systems Administrator with strong knowledge and experience in world class IT service delivery. This employee will be a member of the Information Technology team and will support SpaceX personnel and proprietary systems. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. They should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier Linux support to SpaceX employees across proprietary systems.
- Install and configure Linux-based computers and other common technology/devices for new and existing SpaceX employees.
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX IT systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in non-technical terms.
- Perform security hardening of systems using DISA STIG's and other best practice security guidelines.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of professional experience building, deploying and troubleshooting IT systems.
- Experience supporting Linux systems and core Linux services.
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification (IAT Level II minimum).
- Associate or bachelor's degree in technical field.
- LPI, RHCSA, RHCE, or other technical certifications.
- Experience with a scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.) to automate and solve reoccurring tasks.
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively, and independently.
- Motivated self-starter personality and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with hardware (i.e. racking, troubleshooting, swapping components).
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI with Polygraph. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing.
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.